Welcome to my new blog! There's not much here yet, but I plan to regularly write articles about software development, though I may also occasionally write about other things. I have a few purposes for this blog:
- Share things I've learned with others (beyond just my coworkers)
- Practice writing
- Practice software development outside of my regular work
Related to that last item, I built this website myself. It's a little rough around the edges, but that should improve as I have time to work on it. There are a few major features left to implement, but the core functionality works.
Also, a quick disclaimer: I did the design myself. I am not a designer (and it shows).
For those who care about the tech behind this website, here's the main tools and technologies that I used for this website:
- NodeJS (which runs most of this website)
- An Ubuntu server hosted on Digital Ocean (if you sign up with my referral link, we both get some free credit!)
- Ansible (server provisioning)
- Vagrant (for testing server provisioning)
- Let's Encrypt
I will likely change some pieces of that stack. For instance, I am planning to switch from MongoDB to PostgreSQL soon.
Like I mentioned earlier, I plan to post blog posts regularly (probably one post per month). But until I write another one, enjoy this one lonely blog post.